Friday, September 25, 2009


This morning I was in Vegas reading the back of my Anti-Viral medication and preparing for another winning streak in Craps. My phone rang Chopin's sonata no.2 (my Mom's ringtone) and I decided it would be bad luck for me to hear "The Death Toll" before I rolled the dice. "The Death Toll" is what my sister and I refer to as mom's hit list of recently deceased and sickly from our hometown in NC. Although its helpful to hear the latest news and gossip, it's bad mojo to hear of the demise of former teachers, friends, and neighbors while gambling. My mom can't help being paranoid and although I have tried to talk her out of her crazy thoughts she is always paranoid of unavoidable danger. This is a picture with her and my dad in a helmet. They are staying safe.

Because I did not answer the phone the first time she called back. I hit ignore again she called back again. Fearing The Death Toll was including someone in my family I answered to have my mom say, "I think you should phone a doctor". I knew what why she was telling me to phone a doctor but I was clueless as to how she saw the video. As it turns out she knows how to use the computer and I suppose she only plays dumb when I am trying to teach her.

On a really good note I am out of the incubation for Swine Flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment